Romeos Journal response

Oh It was a great day. I married the person I loved today, Juliet Capulet. Mercutio died because of Tybalt killed him! I have lost my best friend what can I do without him he was my best friend him and I did everything oh how I have lost my best friend. Mercutio will now never know what I did today how I married my love he will never be able to know and I will never be able to tell my friend. Just if Mercutio wasn’t a loud moth maybe none of this would have happened with the two people being dead, it maybe could have been resolved if I stepped in before Mercutio got a chance to make it even worse. But oh what have I done I have done something even more terrible. I have killed Tybalt. Tell me what I should do that Tybalt was my love, Juliet’s cousin. In a battle just few hours after we married I won. What will Juliet think, what will she do, how will she react when she finds out please, please tell me what I should do. Will she still love me or will she no longer love me and marry a different man that she will love. How I’m so scared of losing her, now there’s no chance of us happily being together. Oh how I have ruined the chance of our families to no longer be worst enemies but to never get along again, for all I know I have made our families hate each other even more if that is possible. What have I done I can’t take it back now, there is no way of me killing Tybalt to be redone. What do I do? I Shall have to hide till the sun sets. I hope as the sun sets I will be able to come say good bye to you for now not forever. I shall go away from the scene of the crime until there wasn’t proof I was there. Oh how I will miss you, my Juliet. I will not stop thinking of you as I’m away until the day I am back and get to see you. What if I get banned from Verona forever? I don’t know what I would do, what would I do? I love Juliet and I always will love her I cherish her the most and I will do anything for her. Nothing will stop me from loving her and if that means I have to do anything I will do it. The sun is setting so I shall make my way over to see Juliet to show her how I love her.

One Reply to “Romeos Journal response”

1. Hi Eve, you have some good parts here in your reflection writing as Romeo. Do you notice in the first sentence how you mention what a great day it was, that you married Juliet and Tybalt died? You write as if the emotions can be separate, feel joy and feel loss. I think the loss would tarnish the joy, as if he had to question if she could still love him, so it wouldn’t be joy anymore but would become worry that he’d lose her. I don’t know, too, if you realized you started writing as Romeo journaling to begin, but ended up writing directly to Juliet. Little things like that where the writing has some flaws demonstrate some struggle with the writing. But the more you write, the better your writing can still become, so it’s all in the process of becoming better.